From our President, Steven Hogan, following the recent AGM.
Firstly thanks to the many who attended presentation night (and well done to award winners) and also for those who contributed to the AGM. Pictures from presentations will shortly be on the facebook page.
The senior calendar for 2023 has been drafted, with chess to start back on 31 January.
Significant outcomes from the AGM were as follows:
Commitee for 2023 is below. Great to see many people on board, and helping out with various aspects of an expanding club
- Steve Hogan – President
- Casey Goh – Vice President
- Mark Salanowski – Secretary
- Steve Hogan – Treasurer
- Chris Ruaya – Juniors Treasurer
- Casey Goh – Junior Director
- Matthew Whitford – General Committee
- Tony Davis – General Committee
- Dejan Matijas – General Committee
- Joemar Lacson – General Committee
- Ashok Reddy Arumalla – General Committee (juniors)
- Srikrishna Majeti – General Committee (juniors)
- Brendan Chan – General Committee (juniors)
- Grace Yong – General Committee (juniors)
Major AGM Decisions:
- The club will incorporate itself as an incorporated association.
- Best in the West likely for 2023. Tentative dates 2-3 September
- If there are two joint winners in any qualification event, both will automatically qualify
- Hobsons Bay Cup and Western Masters to swap places in the calendar.
Wishing you each a merry Christmas, thank you for 2022 and looking forward to the year ahead. Regards Steve